Save for Back to School with Savers!

Savers Back to School

Some of us have little ones starting pre-school, some elementary, and others like myself have some going off to college!  I sent my son’s girlfriend off with some great thrifted things for her apartment!!  My son got some too but he could care less about adorable.

thresholdtable

This was the look that I was going for.  It is from the Threshold for Target collection.  The Target table is $139.00.

Savers Back to School

The Savers table was $12.99 and then I spent about $40.00 in paint and supplies.

IMG_3940

This Savers lamp set me back $4.99 each with about $10.00 worth of paint and supplies.

Have you seen the prices for a similar Sea Urchin lamp?!!

sea urchin lamp

This one from HW Home will set you back $295.00!

IMG_7851

Look what a little spray paint can do!!

IMG_7836

The lampshades are Threshold from Target (my fave) on clearance for $5.99 each!!

IMG_3960
IMG_7843

I picked up the Locker basket at Savers, the backpack at Goodwill and the Brand New Polo Boat Shoes at Salvation Army.

Get thriftin’ ladies!!

IMG_7849
I love it when you combine Thrift Store Chic and spray paint!!

Comments

• Pippa October 21, 2014 at 11:06pm

Hey Dee … LOVE what you did with these finds and paint! pippa

• susie August 15, 2013 at 06:55pm

You have such great vision, Dee! I never pass up the clearance stuff at Target. Have found some awesome deals perusing the shelves!!

• s August 07, 2013 at 11:15pm

Oh, I love your blog. I just found it today. Thrifting is a little secret of mine; I love it. Last week, I stumbled upon an estate sale and this is what I bought: a valentino (authentic) cardigan 4$, Ferragamo Blazer 5$, neiman marcus blazer 10$ and silk blouse 2$. There were oscar de la renta suits, christine dior, and various other designers, but unfortunately, I could fit the small sizes. Oh, and I have a practically brand new pair of white denim capris 2$. The woman who owned those items was a diva. I mean there were minks long and short there; I’m in Tx, no need for a mink for me but I was in awe. I wish I could find cool things for my home and classroom. We don’t have a savers.

• kristen August 04, 2013 at 12:02am

Dee! This is awesome!

• Elena August 03, 2013 at 09:59pm

What a wonderful make over! I live in the mid-south and wish we had Savers here. The G.W. and “Sally’s” (a.k.a. Salvation Army) don’t have very good furniture in this area.

• Tiffany Joan August 03, 2013 at 01:23am

Yahoo for spray paint and thrift stores. I luv all the makeovers. Great ideas:)

• Kimberly Silverman August 02, 2013 at 09:31pm

This is great! Thanks for the inspiration!